Hearing Aid Prices - How much do hearing aids cost?
Our hearing aid range starts from 500 euro. We recommend you avail of our free hearing test to evaluate whether you have a hearing loss in the first instance. Your hearing aid audiologist will discuss the types of hearing aids suitable to your individual hearing profile during your consultation.
As mentioned above, our hearing aid range starts from 500 euro. The amount you can expect to pay for your hearing aid(s) can vary depending on the funding options available. Additionally, the right price range for you depends on your level of social engagement and technological level desired.
*Note that the star ratings above demonstrate how well each hearing aid price level delivers in various benefit/feature areas and are being used for illustrative purposes.
The PRSI Treatment Benefit Scheme Covers The Cost Of Hearing Aids Up To €1,000
You could be entitled to free hearing aids through the PRSI government scheme; however, it’s important to get expert advice for the right device. At Hidden Hearing, our expert audiologists can steer you in the right direction. We recommend the right hearing aids to treat your hearing loss and help you to apply for benefits under the scheme. The PRSI Treatment Benefit Scheme covers the cost of hearing aids up to €1,000*. Check your eligibility.
Discreet Hearing Aids
Our modern hearing aids are more discreet than ever before. Ask your hearing aid audiologist
about our invisible hearing aid options.
What is included in the price of our hearing aids?
First and foremost, it’s important to understand that our hearing aid prices typically include more than just the price of a hearing aid.
When you purchase a hearing aid with Hidden Hearing, you are receiving the following services:
- A hearing test and consultation with a hearing aid audiologist
- Professional fitting services with a hearing aid audiologist
- Free hearing aid adjustments over time
- Remote customer services (phone and video consultations from the comfort of your home)
- Free cleanings
- Free batteries
- Full warranty and annual service check for 4 years* (covers loss, damage, and repairs)
- 90-day return policy*
- The best, high quality hearing aids on the market
- Reasonable hearing aid prices
- High-tech capabilities (smartphone and app connectivity)
- Help with paperwork in connection with applying for grants *Note that warranties, return policies, exchange policies, and service hours will vary
Factors to consider when choosing hearing aid price range
Your level of social engagement
1. If you are highly socially engaged and often attend social events such as family gatherings and other social events, you will want to consider a premium or mid-level hearing aid. Those hearing aids can provide a sound experience that caters to your active lifestyle. This is due to the fact that premium hearing aids typically offer higher levels of noise reduction and improved speech understanding.
If your lifestyle involves a lower level of social engagement, and you engage in much quieter activities such as one-on-one conversations or walks in the park, then a basic, lower price range hearing aid might be enough to suit your specific hearing needs.
Guide to finding the best hearing aid for you
2. Technology level desired: If you want to be able to access advanced technology features such as Bluetooth connectivity, automatic sound adjustment, and rechargeability, you will want to consider investing in a premium or mid-level hearing aid. If such features are not a priority for you, basic, lower-priced hearing aids may be enough to suit your needs.
How can you save on hearing aid prices?
Below are some options you may want to consider:
In some cases, individuals may be able to apply for a grant through government. The scheme offers a saving of 50% off the price of a new hearing aid up to a total saving of €1000. Ask your local clinic if you qualify for grant funding.
Flexible payment options
Ask your hearing care provider about paying for your hearing aid on a month-by-month basis so that you can pay off the cost over time.
What impacts the price of hearing aids?
The two main reasons for hearing aid prices being so high are: continuous monetary investment by hearing aid industries in improving hearing aid technology and the bundled pricing model - it includes both the services of a highly trained hearing care expert and the price of the hearing aid.
In the same way that we pay a higher price for the technology provided in computers, tablets, and mobile phones, we can expect to pay for the advanced technology in hearing aids.
Do you need a hearing aid for both ears?
7 out of 10 people with hearing loss have hearing loss in both ears, resulting in them needing to have a hearing aid for each ear. Depending on your hearing loss, a hearing aid audiologist may recommend getting a hearing aid for both ears even if the hearing loss is severe in only one ear and mild in the other. The reason for this is that it helps your brain to interpret and locate sound in a balanced fashion when both ears are aided.
Other benefits of wearing two hearing aids are that they:
- Provide equal levels of auditory stimulation in both ears (keeping your brain’s listening power in shape)
- Can transfer information back and forth from one another– rather than having one hearing aid working independently to interpret sound.
- Can be set at a lower volume since when the brain is receiving signals from two hearing aids, soft tones will automatically sound louder.
How much is a high quality of life worth to you?
When considering the price of hearing aids, consider the overall life improvement that you can expect to experience. A recent study by Marketing Research, Inc. and the Hearing Industries Association showed that the majority of hearing aid users reported the following benefits.
- Higher quality of life
- Improved communication
- Increased willingness to engage in conversation
- Higher performance at work
- Improved ability to participate in group activities
Given these benefits to your overall quality of life, purchasing hearing aids is a smart investment as you will be using them all day, every day – and they will have a significant impact on both your hearing health and your overall quality of life.
*If you have moderate, severe or profound hearing loss, we recommend custom-built hearing aids with advanced hearing aids to suit your hearing loss. You may need to supplement the purchase price. PRSI Contributions criteria varies. Click here to learn more.