Competition Terms and Conditions
Hidden Hearing Christmas Hearing Aid Giveaway Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is only open to residents of the Island of Ireland (“IOI”) aged 18 years or over.
2. This competition runs from 29.11.2021 to 22.12.2021 (the “Promotional Period”). Any entries received outside the Promotional Period will be void.
3. The Promoter and controller of processed data is Hidden Hearing Limited, trading as Hidden Hearing, registered in Ireland whose registered office is at 3030 Lake Drive, Dublin, Ireland. This competition is not open to employees of the Promoter or any member of the Hidden Hearing/Demant Group, their families, agents, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants, and associates.
4. No purchase necessary. Free to enter.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted. Any additional entries will be disqualified.
6. To enter, participants enter via either nominating themselves or nominating their friend by providing the following data on the websites Hiddenhearing.ie and Hiddenhearing.org:
A. When the nominator nominates himself:
• Nominator’s Name
• Nominator’s Phone number
• Description of how hearing problems impacted nominator’s life.
B. When the nominator nominates a friend:
• Nominator’s name
• Nominator’s phone number
• Friend’s name
• Description of how hearing problems impacted friend’s life (without details and without friend’s personal data).
7. After choosing the winner, the Promotor will contact the nominator within one month of the competition, closing on the 22nd of December:
A. When the nominator is the winner: to obtain nominator’s surname and address and schedule a hearing test in the nominator’s local clinic.
B. When nominated friend is the winner: to inform the nominator that the friend has won and that the friend must contact Promotor, without undue delay, to provide additional data to get his award, that is his surname, phone number and address. A hearing test will be arranged for the winner.
8. The sum of the total prize pool is valued at €50,000, or £45,000. This will be distributed/allocated amongst the respective winners, based on the value of their tailored hearing healthcare requires.
9. The winners will be chosen by random selection. Prizes will only be allocated to the winners. Proof of entering is not accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter is not liable for non- or late receipt of any entry/promotion, due to operator or network error or for any associated cost to Participants.
10. The winners will be contacted within a month of confirmation of winning, subject to p. 7 B. In the event the winner is uncontactable in the first instance, we will endeavour to try and make contact with them for up to 24 hours after our initial attempt, in which case if we have not heard back from them, another winner will be selected.
11. Except as otherwise provided in section 8, each prize must be taken as offered and cannot be exchanged. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the terms and conditions. Entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
13. By participating in the competition winners agree that their name, photography, and likeness may be used for marketing purposes such as social media, email and website.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or amend the details of the competition and right to award different prizes of equal or greater value. Should the winner be found to not require hearing aids, they will be invited to nominate another person, who does require hearing aids, to become a recipient on their behalf. These rights to alter or amend are at the Company’s discretion.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, vary or cancel the prize without notice as it may reasonably require if circumstances make this unavoidable.
16. The Promoter is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the entrant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party although it will always use reasonable endeavours to minimise any entrant disappointment.
17. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
18. All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the prize draw are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter shall be under no liability whatsoever or howsoever in connection with any loss, damage or injury which is suffered as a direct or indirect result of the offer and the promotion, except that the Promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of the negligence of the Promoter.
19. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on Irish law and the Courts of Ireland will have exclusive jurisdiction.
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
The purpose and legal basis for processing your information Hidden Hearing processes your personal data to conduct the contest Hidden Hearing Christmas Hearing Aid Giveaway.
We process your personal information on the basis of your consent given by providing your personal data to participate in the contest and to get the award. If you do not provide us all of the personal information we request or if you withdraw your consent, we will not be able to enter you into the competition or award you the prize.
We may also use your personal data to fulfil legal obligations imposed on the Promoter, including, but not limited to, accounting and fraud prevention.
Additionally, when it comes to promoting services provided by the controller, we process personal data based on the legitimate interests pursued by the Promoter.
Your Information and Third Parties
A. Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf such as our marketing company, prize fulfilment agency, IT service providers, printers, lawyers and other business advisors, and providers of security and administration services.
B. Potential Sale of the Dealer: We may also transfer your personal information to companies we plan to merge with or be acquired by.
C. An Gardai, Government Bodies or officials: We may share your personal information with an Gardai or other government bodies or agencies where required to do so by law.
3. Storage Periods: We will process (including storing) your data in accordance with our legal and accounting requirements.
4. Transfers outside of the European Economic Area: We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
5. Your Rights: You have below mentioned rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
A. Check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information. You are also entitled to receive a copy of this information.
B. Rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
C. Erase personal information we hold about you.
D. Stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, or our use of your information is unlawful. If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved.
E. Withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
F. Receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine - readable format and to have that data transmitted to another data controller.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details contained in this order form. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a month, we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission. For further information please see www.dataprotection.ie
6. Article 13.2.f, your personal data is not the subject of automated decision making, including profiling.