Hearing Aid Guide and Maintenance
Changing your Hearing Aid Batteries
If you are inserting new batteries for the first time, you'll need to peel off the sticker from the back of the battery to allow it to be exposed to oxygen, which will serve to activate it.
Check your user manual if you are unsure of where the battery compartment is located, or how to open it.
When you are inserting or removing the batteries from your hearing aids, always wash your hands first to avoid any dirt or grime getting into the device, and always try to avoid doing so over a hard surface – otherwise, you run the risk of dropping it and causing structural damage.
Insert the battery with the positive side (+ sign) facing up. Close the compartment, making sure that the door clicks – if it doesn't, it may not be properly shut.
To order free batteries posted free of charge please click here
How to Connect to the Oticon On App
Oticon On enables your hearing aids to interact with other Internet-connected devices and services. Trigger your lights, home alarm or smart thermostat when you turn your hearing aids on or off. Tell your hearing aids to notify you when your battery is low, the laundry is finished, or someone's at the door. With Oticon ON, it's all up to you. Watch our tutorial on how to connect your phone below.
Cleaning your Hearing Aids
Your audiologist will give you detailed instructions on how to care specifically for the make and model you’ve purchased, but here are a few general care tips to keep in mind.
1. When you remove your hearing aids each day, wipe them off with a clean, dry cloth or tissue
2. Do not use alcohol swabs or cleaning solvents as these may damage the material your hearing aid is made of
3. Your audiologist can recommend special sprays specifically designed to clean and disinfect hearing aids, if you prefer
4. Apply any hair products – such as sprays or gels -- and face creams before you put your hearing aids in for the day.
5. If you wash your face with a cleanser at night, take your hearing aids out before you do. These materials can clog the microphone and may also be damaging to the plastic material
6. Keep your hearing aids free of earwax. This yellow substance, also called cerumen, can clog the microphone and receiver, blocking the sound to your ear. Large amounts of earwax can create a crackling, static or feedback sound.
If you are having any difficulty with your hearing aids please contact your local audiologist or phone 1800818808
How To Change Hearing Aid Wax Filters
The WaxStop filter should be changed:
1. When you can see that the filter placed in the mold is clogged.
2. When the hearing aid does not sound normal.
To change the filter:
1. Remove the tool from the shell. The tool has two ends, one with a new filter and one with the removal tool.
2. Insert the removal tool into the sound outlet of the mold.
3. Pull the used WaxStop filter out slowly keeping the tool straight.
4. Turn the tool 180 degrees.
5. Push the new filter into the sound outlet and gently remove the tool.
6. Discard the used tool. Do not reuse.
How to Make Video Calls through your iPhone
Setting up your iPhone to connect with your hearing aids
1. On your iPhone, select the ‘Settings’ icon.
2. Once you have opened ‘Settings’, scroll down to the ‘General’ bar.
3. Once you have opened ‘General’, scroll down to the ‘Accessibility’ bar. (Please note: if you have the latest version of iOS, you will find ‘Accessibility’ directly in the ‘Settings’ menu. Look for ‘Accessibility’ in ‘Settings’ first. If you cannot see ‘Accessibility’ in ‘Settings’, proceed to ‘General’).
4. Once you have opened ‘Accessibility’, scroll down to ‘Hearing devices’, then the ‘MFi Hearing Devices’ bar.
5. Once you have opened ‘MFi Hearing Devices’, you will see a screen with a bar that says ‘Searching’.
6. Put your iPhone down beside your hearing aids
7. Open your hearing aid battery doors to switch both hearing aids off for one second each. Close the battery doors to switch them back on.
8. Look at your iPhone screen. The ‘Searching’ bar should change from ‘Searching’ to the model name of your hearing device, e.g. ‘Opn 1, Oticon Opn 1 (R + L)’.
9. On the far-right hand side of that bar, you will see the words ‘Not Connected’ and an arrow >.
10. Tap the words ‘Not Connected’ and the arrow.
11. Once you have clicked through to the next screen, a box that says, ‘Bluetooth Pairing Request “[DEVICE NAME]” would like to pair with your iPhone.’ This box will have two options at the bottom – ‘Cancel’ and ‘Pair’.
12. Select the ‘Pair’ option.
13. Your hearing aids should now be connected to your iPhone, allowing you to receive phone calls from your iPhone in your hearing aids. (Please note: mobile phone calls can be made and received the same way you usually would. Sound will automatically go to your hearing device/s. However, you must hold the microphone receiver end of your mobile phone to your mouth so the person on the line can hear you speaking (like you would if you put the mobile on speaker).
The Unique Benefits of Purchasing Hearing Aids from Hidden Hearing
Your hearing device will be made to your exact prescription to compensate for your own hearing loss.
At Hidden Hearing, we pride ourselves on giving the best customer service available. We consistently go above and beyond client expectations to ensure that our patients have an excellent experience. Getting hearing aids can be a difficult transition. We are here to make the transition as easy as possible.
Free Batteries for Life
We will post as many batteries as you need for the life of your hearing aid with no charge for postage. You can FREEPHONE 1800667711 to get your batteries delivered directly to your home or to order online click here.
We have a 4-year warranty with all our hearing aids. The manufacturer of the hearing aids gives us 2 years' product guarantee and we add another 2 years should you need any repair or assistance.
90-day Money Back Guarantee
We offer a no quibble 90-day money back guarantee with no hidden costs or charges if you decide you are not satisfied. Even when we test, prescribe and have the hearing aid made cosmetically for you, we cover these charges, should you wish to give it back to us within 90 days.
We offer 0% finance on hearing aids if you wish to spread out the cost of your hearing aids over 12 months.
Hidden Hearing will clean your hearing aids when required, free of charge.