Here at Hidden Hearing, we offer a wide range of hearing aids that are designed to give you the very best hearing experience possible. Hearing aid technology is impressive, and a new digital hearing aid can contain more sophisticated technology than a smartphone! Getting the right fit for your lifestyle is very important, however, it is vital to understand what you want from your device.
Bluetooth capability is a popular addition to many hearing aids, with Oticon Opn Hearing Aids many people using this technology to make their everyday lives easier. When you are choosing a hearing aid, you can ask the following questions to see if Bluetooth is for you.
Are Hearing Aids With Bluetooth Capability For Me?
- Are you likely to use a range of wireless devices? Bluetooth technology offers wireless communication with other devices, such as mobile phones, smart TVs, tablets and computers, and some hearing aids contain technology that is specific to a certain range of products, such as Apple devices. If you are a working professional or you use a lot of these devices in your personal life, you may find that bluetooth is a useful asset for your hearing aid.
- Would you like to adjust volumes to suit yourself? Hearing loss can be isolating, but if you are using Bluetooth technology, you will be able to adjust the volume that you hear the television or radio at without disrupting others. This means that you can enjoy the social experience of watching a film with friends, for example, without worrying about requiring different volume levels.
- Do you use the phone or video chat regularly? Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids allow you to take phone calls via your hearing aids and to connect with video calls with ease. This can be very helpful if you regularly keep in touch with loved ones via the phone or video call services, or if you use these in your working life.
- Do you mind wearing a streamer? A streamer is a small device like a remote control that must be kept or worn nearby in order to use your Bluetooth capability. Some people find it frustrating to wear or carry a streamer with them at all times.
- What sort of battery power do you need? Bluetooth capability can drain hearing aid battery power very quickly, and this can be frustrating if you end up replacing batteries frequently. Hearing aid batteries can be costly, so talk to your audiologist about what sort of battery power you can expect.
- How often do you wear your hearing aids? If you wear hearing aids all the time, you are more likely to benefit from Bluetooth technology than if you only wear them for certain activities. Finding the right hearing aid for your lifestyle is very important, and a good audiologist will work with you to find the best solution.
Book A Free Hearing Test At Hidden Hearing
Hidden Hearing is Ireland’s leading private provider of hearing care solutions, and our national network includes over 80 clinics. If you are concerned about your hearing, contact us as soon as possible to book a free hearing test with our audiologists. Contact Hidden Hearing online today, or pop into your local branch.