As a fully qualified Fellowship member of both the British, and the Irish Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists, he has years of advanced training both locally and nationally.
Find Out More About Ivor
Hearing loss is a very common condition that affects many people of all ages, and it often becomes worse with age. Many people put off a visit to the audiologist when they notice a problem with their hearing, and this can enable hearing loss to worsen or even cause further health issues. It is very important to seek help for hearing loss as soon as you notice any difficulties, and our experienced team can help you to find out about the solutions available to you.
Why Visiting Your Audiologist Can Save Your Hearing:
Audiologists are experts in hearing, and can identify and treat problems as well as helping to prevent further health conditions. Here’s what a good audiologist can do for you:
1. Understand your condition:There are many different types of hearing loss, including tinnitus, conductive and sensorineural hearing loss, as well as temporary hearing loss such as that caused by an ear wax blockage. An audiologist is trained to understand all of these conditions and to find the best ways to treat each one.
2. Care about your hearing experience. Here at Hidden Hearing, our audiologists are passionate about helping everyone to have the best hearing experience possible. This means that they take time to work with every client individually, listening to his or her experiences and exploring the options available to resolve hearing difficulties.
3. Prevent further problems. Untreated hearing loss can lead to many complications such as further damage to hearing and other health conditions. An audiologist will help you to get the treatment you need as soon as possible, to prevent further problems. People who experience hearing loss often delay seeking help, but this can lead to conditions such as depression and dementia, as well as more profound hearing loss. These associated conditions are reversible in the early stages if hearing solutions are used correctly.
4. Remove ear wax. Some temporary hearing loss can be caused by a build up of ear wax, and an experienced audiologist will be able to identify this and carry out an ear wax removal procedure. This procedure involves irrigation of the ear canal with warm water, and is the best way to treat this condition. You should not risk trying to remove ear wax at home, since this can push it further into the ear and cause more serious problems.
5. Keep monitoring your hearing. When you take a hearing test, you will establish your baseline hearing level, which will be used to monitor your hearing in the future. Your audiologist will be able to keep track of any changes in your hearing and ensure that your hearing solutions are always the very best for you. An annual check up is recommended, and if you wear hearing aids you will usually have follow up appointments included as part of your aftercare package.
Take A Free Hearing Test At Hidden Hearing In Ireland
Hidden Hearing is Ireland’s leading private provider of hearing care solutions, and our national network includes over seventy-five branches and clinics. Contact Hidden Hearing online today, or pop into your local branch.