His knowledge in communication disorders has helped a wide range of patients, including both adults and children with hearing loss. He provides screenings, hearing tests, aural rehabilitation and has an extensive knowledge of both conventional and digital hearing instruments.
Find Out More About Noel
Here at Hidden Hearing, we meet many seniors who want to enjoy a fun and exciting lifestyle into old age. We are always delighted to hear about our customers’ plans for travel, and we hope that our top five destinations list will be helpful if you are organising a trip or holiday this year.
As an older traveller, you will be aware that there are many places that are suited to younger travellers, and several ideal destinations for families. There are also, however, a lot of places that appeal to seniors, and we recommend the following for a great range of activities and opportunities as you travel.
Five Top Destinations For Older Travellers
- Sardinia. If you’re looking for beautiful beaches, a laid-back culture and a relaxed pace of life, Sardinia is a great destination to discover. You can book tours and excursions to discover this stunning island and its coast, or explore one of the many interesting areas yourself from a luxurious hotel, bed and breakfast or holiday apartment.
- Southern Spain. The south of Spain is balmy all year round and offers friendly, welcoming holidays for travellers of all ages. There are many popular areas for retirement opportunities, and older people from all over Europe often choose to see out their retirement in this picturesque area.
- Edinburgh. Edinburgh is a fantastic city for everyone, but older people may especially enjoy the close proximity of the contemporary city and the older city with its historic castle and atmospheric streets. Local companies offer excursions to explore the city and the magical countryside that surrounds it, and the convenient travel time means that you can really make the most of a short break.
- Crete. Crete is another beautiful island destination, and offers great opportunities to explore traditional villages, indulge in local food and drink and enjoy cretan hospitality. Many of the impressive hotels along the coast offer trips into the mountains or to visit local wineries and olive groves, and you can discover the legends of Spinalonga and other surrounding islands when you take a boat trip to explore.
- Rome is a city that everyone should see, and it is ideal for older travellers who will appreciate the close proximity of excellent food, incredible history and beautiful architecture. Walk amongst Roman ruins, dine in traditional Italian restaurants and discover the priceless works of art hidden in churches across the city. The hop-on-hop-off bus services that operate to guide tourists around the sights of the city are a great way to discover Rome for yourself.
Book A Free Hearing Test at Hidden Hearing
Age-related hearing loss is very common, but it does not mean that you need to restrict your life or your travels! Talk to us about hearing aids that are invisible to others, and find out more about how you can continue to make the most of your golden years.
Hidden Hearing is Ireland’s leading private provider of hearing care solutions, and our national network includes over seventy-five branches and clinics. Simply contact Hidden Hearing online today, or pop into your local branch.