Find Out More About Jim
Planning a holiday can be as stressful as it is exciting, especially if you are travelling great distances or for long periods of time, but when you have hearing loss, it can become even more complicated.
Hearing loss should not be a reason to abandon your dreams of travel, and taking a holiday is a wonderful way to relax and recuperate from the stresses of everyday life. However, if you have hearing loss, considering the following factors while making your travel plans will make your holiday easier and more fun.
Top Tips For Holidays With Hearing Loss
1. Make use of support systems. Many transport providers, including airports and rail networks, have provision for people who are hearing impaired. Smartphone apps can also be very helpful in negotiating busy public areas and making it easier to manage the systems around you. Being aware of the additional support you can access, and knowing where to look for it, can make a big difference to your ability to travel easily and comfortably.
2. Plan your packing. When you’re travelling with hearing loss, it’s important that you carry the kit you need with you, and know where to seek help at your destination. Research local hearing clinics or hospitals before you go, and be sure to pack your hearing aids, spare batteries, cleaning equipment and case.
3. Share your worries. If you are travelling with others, talk to them about your concerns and ask them to help you to manage any difficult situations that arise. If you will be travelling alone, try to talk your plans through with a trusted friend or relation before you go, and don’t forget to leave contact details for emergencies.
4. Take care. When you are on holiday, you are likely to try new activities and experiences, and this is all part of the fun! However, if you are wearing hearing aids, you may need to take some extra precautions such as wearing a protective head covering while exercising, or removing your hearing aids or covering them while taking part in water-sports.
5. Holidays are a very important time to relax and lower your stress levels, so it is important to set your worries aside and enjoy your break. Ensure that you take the time to treat yourself and try new things, and you are much more likely to return home rested and restored.
Take A Free Hearing Test At Hidden Hearing In Ireland
Here at Hidden Hearing, we understand that it can be very frustrating to live with hearing loss, and we pride ourselves on providing helpful information and advice to our customers. We have excellent digital hearing aids for you to try, which are discreet and effective, and we will help you to get used to living with these.
Hidden Hearing is Ireland’s leading private provider of hearing care solutions, and our national network includes over sixty-five branches and clinics. Contact Hidden Hearing online today, or pop into your local branch.