As a fully qualified Fellowship member of both the British, and the Irish Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists, he has years of advanced training both locally and nationally.
Find Out More About Ivor
Would you like to feel happier and more positive every day? Most people who decide to make lifestyle changes in order to create a more positive life try to make big and dramatic changes that they believe will change the way they feel. The trouble is that big changes are far more likely to be unsustainable, and the chances of giving up are high. Making small changes could be the key to real, sustainable change that improves your life for good.
Why Change Small Things?
You may think that changing the small things suggested here will not make a big difference to your life, but research shows that this is not the case. Changing small and seemingly minor things can actually be the key to changing your mindset, and can help you build a routine that incorporates many positive habits and actions.
Where You Can Make Changes:
- Stretch. Wake yourself up gently in the morning with a quick stretching routine that gets you moving and sets you up for a successful day. Just five minutes of stretching can create a positive mindset and get you in the mood for getting things done.
- Drink water. Being dehydrated can cause many problems, including headaches, exhaustion and bad skin. You should aim to drink 1-2 litres of water per day, more if you are exercising, and you can add a twist of lemon to enjoy the many health benefits that this can bring.
- Make those appointments. If you’ve been putting off making a medical appointment for several weeks, months or even years, put yourself first by committing to getting it sorted. Whether you have noticed some hearing loss, or you have a concern about your health, you can book an appointment for a free hearing test or see your doctor to help put your mind at ease and start living a full and active life again.
- Eat oily fish once or twice a week. If you don’t already eat oily fish once or twice a week, commit to doing so and benefit from the Omega-3 fats that help to prevent many physical and mental health problems as you age. You can also take a supplement of Omega-3 fats if you are deficient in these, and you may be surprised by the difference in how you feel.
- Eat vegetables with every meal. Getting into this habit will help you to increase your intake of many important vitamins and minerals, and you can experiment with different vegetables to give you a wider choice. Around half of each meal should be made up of vegetables, but you can start small and build up gradually if you have not enjoyed vegetables before. You could even try blending them in a delicious smoothie if you prefer!
Book A Free Hearing Test At Hidden Hearing
Hidden Hearing is the leading private provider of hearing care solutions in Ireland, with a national network that includes over sixty-five branches and clinics. We have an excellent range of digital hearing aids for you to try, so simply call us today to book your free hearing test.