His knowledge in communication disorders has helped a wide range of patients, including both adults and children with hearing loss. He provides screenings, hearing tests, aural rehabilitation and has an extensive knowledge of both conventional and digital hearing instruments.
Find Out More About Noel
If you wear a hearing aid, you’ll probably notice some deterioration in the quality of sound over time. This may be a result of the natural progression of your hearing loss, or it may indicate a problem with your hearing aid, but it is vital to attend regular hearing aid maintenance appointments to prevent the difficulties associated with loss of hearing.
How Can I Maintain My Hearing Aid At Home?
Keeping your hearing aid clean and free from debris is vital in maintaining good sound quality, and you will have been advised on the daily care and cleaning of your hearing aids by your audiologist. It is important to pay careful attention to these processes, and to general maintenance such as battery replacement and sensible storage, to prevent problems. However, you should still attend maintenance appointments for more thorough cleaning and aftercare.
What Happens At A Maintenance Appointment?
When you attend a maintenance appointment at Hidden Hearing, we will:
- Check your hearing aid. We will carefully check your hearing aid to ensure it is functioning correctly, and discuss the quality of the sounds you are hearing at the present time.
- Check your hearing. Hearing loss is a condition that can continue to deteriorate over time so it is vital to keep monitoring your hearing to ensure you are receiving the best possible hearing options at all times. It can be helpful to bring along a friend or family member who will be able to help you to identify patterns in your hearing loss in your every day life.
- Clean your hearing aid. We have specialized equipment for deep cleaning your hearing aids and removing built up debris or dust. This cleaning process is essential to the continuing functioning of your hearing aid, and will help to keep your hearing as clear as possible.
- Make adjustments or repairs. Your maintenance appointment is a great time to fix any loose tubing, deal with any problems you are experiencing and check that your hearing aid still fits you well.
- Consider other options. If you are experiencing any problems with your hearing aids, or you think there may be a better option available for you, we can discuss this and see if there is anything else we can do to improve your hearing.
Try Digital Hearing Aids at Hidden Hearing
If you think you may be experiencing hearing loss, you can book a free hearing test at Hidden Hearing to find out more. Our friendly audiologists will assess your hearing and discuss your options with you, helping to find the right solution for you and your lifestyle.
Hidden Hearing is Ireland’s leading private provider of hearing care solutions, and our national network includes over seventy-five branches and clinics. We have a great range of hearing aids, including new digital hearing aids that are smaller and more discreet than ever before.
Contact Hidden Hearing online today, or pop into your local branch.