When you think that you may have hearing loss, your first step should be to make an appointment with an audiologist to find out the extent of the problem. You can take a free hearing test and find out how your hearing could be improved with the use of hearing aids. Many people worry about visiting an audiologist, but the experience should be a very positive step in your journey towards better hearing.
Here at Hidden Hearing, we keep up to date with hearing research so that we can help our clients to find the very best solutions for their lifestyles. We know that untreated hearing loss can worsen, leading to many other problems such as depression and dementia, and we believe that seeking help as soon as you are diagnosed with hearing loss is the best way to prevent this.
How Your Audiologist Can Help You
- A listening ear. Many, many people with hearing loss feel that they have lost their voices along with their hearing. Every experience of hearing loss will be different, but feeling that your audiologist is really listening to you and understanding your story is worth a great deal. A positive but realistic approach is what most patients value in their audiologist.
- Facilitate access to the community. One of the biggest issues linked with hearing loss is isolation, and an audiologist can play a vital role here. Acting as a source of information about local and online resources and support is a very important way in which an audiologist can support patients.
- Invest in the experience. A visit to an audiologist can be overwhelming, but certain things can really help to make it easier. Ensure that reception staff are welcoming and speak clearly, especially when making contact by phone, and technology such as a hearing loop can help to make the whole experience more manageable.
- Explore potential solutions. Audiologists are problem solvers, and one of their most important roles is to find the best solutions for every patient. This involves asking questions about lifestyle and thinking about different ways to address problems, and your audiologist will probably talk to you about several different aspects of your life to see how she or he can help.
- Offer up to date knowledge. Hearing technology is developing faster than many other areas of engineering, and it’s important that an audiologist stays up to date with what is on the market. Hearing aids are smaller and more discreet than ever before, and many offer additional options such as bluetooth connectivity, so you can talk to your audiologist about the best way to get the hearing experience you want in every situation.
Book a Free Hearing Test at Hidden Hearing
Hidden Hearing is Ireland’s leading private provider of hearing care solutions, and our national network includes over seventy-five branches and clinics. We offer free hearing tests and our experienced audiologists will help you to find the best solution for your lifestyle. Contact Hidden Hearing online today, or pop into your local branch.