Find Out More About Jim
If you live with hearing loss, a hearing aid can be a life changing purchase. It is, however, a large expense and you will want to get it right. Finding the right hearing aid for you is a process of working with an audiologist to ensure you make the right decisions for your lifestyle. Our friendly team will be on hand to support you, and our comprehensive aftercare appointments will help you to adjust to life with hearing aids.
Here at Hidden Hearing, we have an excellent selection of hearing aids, including digital options that are discreet and highly sensitive, giving a very good hearing experience. Read on for our top tips on asking the right questions when you are buying a hearing aid.
Questions To Ask When You Buy A Hearing Aid:
• What would you recommend? Your audiologist is an expert in the different styles of hearing aids available, and will be happy to advise you on the best options for various lifestyles.
• What features are included? Digital hearing aids often include impressive features such as live bluetooth streaming and compatibility with mobile phones. You will usually pay extra for these features, but they can make a big difference to your life if you use these devices a lot.
• What is the cost? Hearing aids vary a great deal in price, and it is important to establish whether aftercare appointments are included, for example. There are often finance plans available to spread the cost of your hearing aids, and you can talk to your audiology team about this option.
• What can I expect? You should have an understanding of what sort of service you can expect from your hearing aid, including whether or not it is covered by a warranty, how long it is likely to last and whether repairs are possible in case of damage.
• How should I look after it? You can protect your hearing aid and prolong its life by taking good care of it, and your audiology team will advise you on the best daily care routine. You should ensure that it is cleaned and dried on a daily basis, and stored safely overnight, and you should find out how long batteries will last and how easy it is to change these.
Book A Free Hearing Test at Hidden Hearing
If you think you may have hearing loss, you should seek help from an experienced audiologist as soon as possible. Hidden Hearing is the leading private provider of hearing care solutions in Ireland, with a national network that includes over seventy-five branches and clinics. Pop into your local branch today, or contact Hidden Hearing online.